We may change this policy at any time in line with legislative changes. Please check our website from time to time to ensure you are aware of any changes.
What we collect
During our interaction with you we may ask you to provide the following information:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Product interest
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and particularly for the following reasons:
- To process your order and obtain payment
- Internal record keeping
- To improve our products and services
- To allow us to send promotional emails and newsletters about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
We may also contact you by email, phone, or mail.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Controlling your personal information
We will not disclose any personally identifiable information without your permission unless we are legally entitled or required to do so (for example, if required to do so by legal process or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime).
Data will not be shared outside WJ Vintage unless it is with a trusted supplier who may be providing services such as data back-up (currently Eclipse Cloud Backup) and mail fulfilment (currently MailChimp) services.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the boxes that you can click to indicate that you are happy to receive emails and subscribe to our newsletter.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us
- You are in control of how we, and any other organisation, use and keep your personal information. You can request a copy of all personal information that we hold about you at any time. If you are feel that any of your personal information is inaccurate, you can ask us to correct it or erase it. You may also ask for your personal information to be erased if you have changed your mind about us holding it.
- You can request that we send an electronic copy of all of your personal information to yourself or another organisation. You can ask us to stop processing your personal information and/or withdraw your agreement to us processing it if you had previously provided consent, unless we are required to process it for legal reasons.
- To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at WJ Vintage, 29 Wood Road, Kings Cliffe, Peterborough, Cambs, PE8 6XF or via email: email@example.com
- Due to the global structure of the internet, there is a possibility that information provided by you may be transmitted or processed internationally.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.