£739.00 plus P&P
This is a new production run of just four pieces in LMS Maroon and I now have just one piece available in this superb livery.
The specification is as follows:
- Tinplate construction with detailed tampo-printed livery
- 3-rail only
- 0-16 volts DC operation
- Working front and rear directional lights
- Twin Motors each with the unique ETS clutch drive
- UK droplink couplings
- Overall length 500mm (19.7 inches)
- Operates on minimum 27inch radius track
If you're interested in purchasing this product please contact us using the form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Designed for heavy freight, a total of 33 Beyer Garratt 0-2-6-6-2-0 locomotives were built for the LMS between 1927 and 1930, making them the most numerous class of Garratt in Britain. They were used to haul daily 1,450-ton coal trains at overall speeds of 21 mph for distances of more than a hundred miles. With a hundred empty wagons they could attain 50 mph. The class was withdrawn between June 1955 and April 1958 and sadly none survived into preservation.